Christmas is Almost Here

I can't believe it's less than a week away. Yes, Christmas is almost here and I've finished shopping (except for food--to do tomorrow). I hope everyone else is ready. My husband and his brother went to visit their mother Monday and Tuesday while I stayed home to take care of our dog and cat. My husband and I are going back to see her after Christmas while my brother-in-law takes care of our pets. We don't like leaving them alone and they wouldn't do well at a kennel or traveling. But that's another subject.

My decorating is all done, finally. We did some last week, but I finished tonight with the small nativity scene and the kitchen table with center-piece (one word or two, not sure) and table cloth. I need to do more winter cleaning, and except for the cooking for Christmas Day everything should be done. I even mailed out Christmas cards this year. This is something I haven't done in a while--probably 2 or 3 years, except for one to my mother-in-law who insists on a card, and mailing it to her, even when she's here for the holidays. She's not going to be able to come up this year and the reason for the two visits to her home--about 4 hours away.

We'll be spending Christmas Day with my youngest son, a friend and my brother-in-law for sure; and my oldest son will try to bring my grandson for a visit too. I sure hope they will be able to make it, but if they don't, they're on our way to my mother-in-law's house, so we'll either stop on the way there, or on the way back.

I also finished with college for the fall semester, signed up for Spring 2008 semester, and have my books. My first day back will be next year on January 15th. Almost a month off. Btw, thanks to everyone who helped me with information for my research paper for Expository Writing. I'm happy to announce I made 92 on it and I was able to maintain my A average in the class. I passed the final exam which was graded either pass or fail (fail the exam, fail the course). I'm also happy to announce that I made all A's this time, but next semester appears to be much harder than the fall semester was. So wish me luck, or better yet, pray for me. I'm going to need it.

And to top it all off, our book, Enchanted Holidays has just been released in paperback and can be found at the publisher's website for print: http://www.jasminejade.com/default.aspx?skinid=13. Amazon.com also has it and I understand Borders stores should also carry Cerridwen Print Books. Enchanted Holidays is a Romantic Parnormal Suspense with 3 holidays stories, including: Christmas, New Years and Valentine's Day novellas (2 of each holiday). My story, Haunted Hearts is actually a Valentine's Day story.
So everything is looking pretty good on the home front this Christmas. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haunted Hearts by Kim Cox

ENIGMA by Sheryl Hames Torres

Ghosts of Auld Lang Syne by Maureen McMahon