Update and Looking Forward to Spring

Like most of the country, I'm looking forward to Spring 2014. I've had enough of the cold and the snow and I'm now thinking of sunshine and flowers. But Winter is not letting go. No yet. I'm hearing of more snow around the country but thankful that our forecasters are only calling for rain Monday, March 3, 2014.

Now for my goal updates:

As for my goal of writing on my blog at least once a quarter: Well here I am writing at the beginning of March, only two months since my previous post. So that is being accomplished right now.

On my lose weight goal, I have lost 13 pounds and I'm still watching what I eat. I'm eating more protein and less carbohydrates. For breakfast, I drink an Atkins protein shake and eat an Atkins protein bar for lunch. For supper, I sneak a baked potato or baked fries about once a month, but I mostly eat meat, beans, and green vegetables. But the exercise plan has not come to fruition. I'm not a morning person, so the get up earlier hasn't really worked out well, yet, though I still plan to do that.

As for my writing goal, I've added 18 pages to my Lana Malloy mystery novella, The Wedding Crasher, and I've researched the locations where the novella is set. I did that in about three weeks and it's been about a month since I've written on it. I do have a good reason which I will go into in the next paragrah.

On my Web designing goals, I have created my Web design page at http://www.kimcoxdesigns.com. Check it out. I have contracted with a new Web client, American Garage which is a garage flooring company in Pisgah Forest, NC. I'm in the process of creating a whole new look for them and it is taking a bit of time and is the reason that I mentioned before about putting the writing on the back burner for now. The new client came about before I was ready to pursue that and so updating my author page and my husband's art page still needs updating. But there is no complaint about new business at all.

Overall, I believe I have accomplished a lot. My day job has been very busy so far this year and left me pretty tired in the evenings, but I still try to do a little more each day. How are your New Year resolutions or goals for 2014 going? I would love to hear from you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENIGMA by Sheryl Hames Torres

Haunted Hearts by Kim Cox

Ghosts of Auld Lang Syne by Maureen McMahon