2014 Reflections

Reflections are based mainly on the 2014 resolutions I made earlier this year:

2014 Resolutions

  • Weight loss - Lose 30 to 40 pounds. I did lose 30 pounds, but that last 10 pounds (making it 40 pounds lost) has been a bear to lose. I went from 191 to 161. I did make it to 159 a few months ago but it didn't last long. I probably lost a total of 100 pounds if I could count the same pounds I lost multiple times.
  • Update and Create Web Sites - Updated my author's page and my husband's art Web site. Created my Web designer's site.
  • Actively look for new clients - I didn't really look for new clients but I still found 3 new sites to create this year. One was recently and I'm still working on it.
  • Write more by writing at least two books in work in process list and finish 3rd novella in the Lana Malloy Paranormal Mystery Series - Somewhat done. I mentioned the book I had three quarters completed, and I'm happy to say I did finish that book and plan to release in in late January 2015. The second book I mentioned, "For The Love of Money" is still on my to do list. But there was something that happened that I didn't foresee at the beginning  of 2014. The Lana Malloy Paranormal Mystery Series - the first two novellas in the series was included in two different anthologies - Haunted Hearts in Enchanted Holidays and Get Out or Die in One Touch Beyond. I pulled these books from the publisher, Ellora's Cave, and I edited and added new material to these two novellas. I also wrote more on the third novella in the series and have an idea for the fourth. These I also hope to release in 2015.
So, I believe I did pretty good on the 2014 Resolutions--better than I've ever done on a New Year's resolution. Usually I make them and then they are soon forgotten.

Other 2014 Reflections

Work - I received another, although, smaller raise this year. Work has been complicated, getting used to a new system and many new personnel to train on it. I have two more to train in the upcoming year as well. More changes coming in 2015 as far as policy and procedures while changing from WIA to WIOA. Also in the work arena, I was able to go to Washington, D.C. again for an Equal Opportunity Conference.

Again, on the writing front, I have two or three more book ideas (hint--these are sequels to a book that will be published in 2015) and I made somewhat of a written goal list of the books I plan to release in the next five years--supposed to be a total of 26 or around 5 books a year. Wish me good luck on that. I write too slow.

On the home front - Lee's art is selling well and he's still a stay-at-home husband. My sons and grandsons are doing well. My oldest grandson, Patrick, was one of the captains on his high school football team. The Westies are doing well and we have a new member, Candi, a mixed yorkie/maltese breed. We are blessed. However, we lost Lee's mother the first of December 2014 and we're still handling that. Lee says he still feels numb from the loss. Time is a good healer, although, we never forget those we love who have passed, it gets easier as time goes by. I know with my parents, there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about and miss them. But it hurts much less now.

Stay tuned for the next post on 2015 Contemplation that I will post around January 1, 2015.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haunted Hearts by Kim Cox

ENIGMA by Sheryl Hames Torres

Ghosts of Auld Lang Syne by Maureen McMahon